2019-07-03 15:42:20 来源：高中化学辅导网网
51. News reports say peace talks between the two countries have broken down with no agreement reached.
简析：关键词break down失败，reach an agreement达成协议。
52. The old couple have been married for 40 years and never once have they quarreled with each other.
53. After all， Ed’s idea of exercise has always beennothing more effort-making than lifting a fork to his mouth.
54.As a result ， at the point in our game when I’d have figured on （predicted） the score to be about 9 to 1 in my favor ， it was instead 7 to 9 — and Ed was leading.
简析：关键词figure on预计，估计;in one’s favor对某人有利。
55.So when Ed arrived for our game not only with the bottom of his shirt gathered inside his trousers but also with a stomach you could hardly notice ， I was so surprised that I was speechless ， my cousin must have made an effort to get himself into shape .
简析：含有not only…but also…及so…that…的句型结构，must have P.P表示对过去事实的推测。
56.In a way ， I think we both won ： I the game ， but cousin Ed my respect.
57. It is said in Australia there is more land than the government knows what to do with it.
58. The research is so designed that once begun nothing can be done to change it.
59. The mother didn’t know who to blame for the broken glass as it happened while she was out.
简析：关键词be to blame受责备。
60.When I was in the army I received an intelligence test that all soldiers took， and ， against an average of 100 ， scored 160.
61.We didn’t plan our art exhibition like that but it worked out very well
简析：关键词work out 结果是……
62. The home improvements have taken what little there is of my spare time .
简析：句型结构little of的用法，例We see very little of our children （we do not see them often） now that they are grown up.孩子们已经长大了，所以我们现在很少见到他们。
63. Having suffered such heavy pollution already， it may now be too late to clean up the river.
64. Most believe the footprints are nothing more than ordinary animal tracks ， which had been made larger as they melted and refroze in the snow.
简析：关键词nothing more than only。
65. But if they ever succeed in catching one， they may face a real problem： would they put it in a zoo or give it a room in a hotel？
66. With production up by 60%， the company has had another excellent year.
67. The WTO cannot live up to its name if it dose not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind.
简析：关键词live up to one’s name 名副其实。
68. It is the ability to do the job that matters not where you come from or what you are.
简析：强调句型It is +强调部分+that / who+从句。
69. How could I ever get him to finish unloading the car without screaming at me and making a scene in front of the other girls， who I would have to spend the rest of the year with？
简析：关键词make a scene 大吵大闹，出洋相。
70.Dad’s face turned decidedly less red before he could bring out a “yes”.
71. Soon I heard a sound like that of a door burst in ， and then a climb of feet.
72. Father took the still smoking pistol from my hand， and fired another shot， which killed the gorilla.
简析：关键词fire another shot 又开了一枪。
73.It happened that father had sent us upstairs because he thought he would be able to lock the door—which was twenty feet away—before the animal reached it.
简析：句型结构It happened that…事情发生是这样的…
74. He certainly looked the part all right， he thought， as he admired himself in the mirror.
75. He put his head in his hands and tried to remember his lines， but nothing came to his mind.
简析：迂回表达nothing came to his mind=He remembered nothing.
76. In fact the more he watched the play， the more he felt himself part of it.
简析：句型结构the more…the more…越…越…